Sunday

An Engaging Thought



I love to cook and I love to eat AND I love to eat what I cook. I'm not sure if I know anyone who enjoys their own cooking as much as I do. With that said, when I take a dish that I've made to share at a potluck I get a l-i-t-t-l-e over excited about others tasting my food. I usually end up teasing people, even perfect strangers, about how very much they're going to like what ever it is I've made.

As twisted as this may seem, it brings me to the point of this post. Here is a story about a woman going about her business which ends up saving the life of an unborn baby. Please read the story before you go on.

Most expectant mothers have ultrasounds done at some point during their pregnancy. Many people ~ Mommy-to-be, Daddy-to-be, Grandma-to-be, etc. ~ carry a picture of that ultrasound with them to show off their new bundle of joy. So . . . what if people started showing off their ultrasound pictures in the same way that I show off my culinary creations - in an engaging, playful, (and yes), proud way - to perfect strangers. There's the grocery store checker and bagger, the pharmacy technician, the postal worker, the bank teller, the dental assistant, the teacher, the person next to you in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles, anyone you come into contact with.  The possibilities are endless.

Who wouldn't be happy for you?
What's the worst thing that could happen?
They might think you're a bit crazy, but who cares!
What's the best thing that could happen?
Like the scenario in this story . . . you could be instrumental in saving the life of an unborn baby!
Now that is worth taking a risk for!


No comments: