Sunday

Novena for Life



I've been avoiding you lately.  I'm depressed about the incoming administration and I'm sickened by the attitude of our country.  There should be something I can say.  There should be something I can do.  The only thing that comes to mind is to pray.  When we're vulnerable (or feeling as helpless as I do) we're to put ourselves in Our Lady's Hands, under the protection of St. Joseph ~ as the Baby, Jesus did.

Catholics all across our country are going to be praying a novena (nine days of prayer) against the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA).  Any prayer can be said, but the Rosary is encouraged ~ putting our intentions in Our Lady's Hands.  They're also suggesting at least two days of fasting during the novena.  Please join us in these next nine days and as St. Augustine said ~ 

"Pray as though everything depended on God.  Work as though everything depended on you."


No comments: